Curbside Pickup Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sunday 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
We now welcome patrons who have received a hold notification to pick up your material, including interlibrary loan (MeLCat) materials, via our curbside drive-through. At the Farmington Hills location, the curbside pickup location is in the circular drive next to the entrance. At the Downtown Farmington location, we’ve designated four parking spots on Liberty St. West of the Library building. There are directional signs and cones to guide you. To help us during this phase, please take a few seconds to review your current hold list and cancel titles you no longer want. This will help our team provide you with the items you do want, as well as move titles to our other waiting patrons.
To Place Items on Hold:
- Log into your account on the Library’s catalog using your Library card number and PIN.
- Find an item you want.
- Click “Place a Hold” and confirm your hold request.
- Or, you may call 248-553-0300 during Library hours to place a hold.
- Items placed on hold together may not be ready for pick-up at the same time.
- If you don’t have an FCL card, you can sign up for a Library card remotely.
- If you have trouble logging in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How the Pickup Works When You Arrive at the Library:
In order to reduce wait times, please wait to pick up your items until you receive a notice that your item is ready. Items are held for 7 days. No appointment is needed to pick up your items, but they will not be available until you have been notified.
Drive up to the pickup location and follow the queue. See the video below for details.
If you are at the Farmington Hills location, text “Here” to 248-534-4811 or use our online curbside communicator. We’ll ask you to provide your name, FCL Card number, and a description of your vehicle. If you need additional assistance, please call 248-553-0300 ext.350.
If you are at the Farmington location, text “Here” to 248-534-4812 or use our online curbside communicator. We’ll ask you to provide your name, FCL Card number, and a description of your vehicle. If you need additional assistance, please call 248-553-0321 ext.215.
Stay in your car.
Library staff will check out your available items and bring them to your car.
Pop your trunk or roll down your rear window and Library staff will place your items in your vehicle.
What Cannot Be Done at Curbside Pickup:
- Donation of materials.
- Return of items.
- Last-minute requests. Materials not placed on hold cannot be requested at pick-up.