FCL Board of Trustees
Under the State District Library Establishment Act [Public Act 24 of 1989], the Farmington Community Library Board of Trustees is a taxing authority with governance responsibilities for all aspects of library operation. The Board is composed of eight  Trustees, with four  each appointed from the cities of Farmington and Farmington Hills. The Board is empowered:
- to establish, maintain and operate a public library for the district;
- to appoint and remove a librarian and necessary assistants and to fix their compensation;
- to supervise and control library property;
- to adopt bylaws and regulations;
- to establish a district library fund, over which it shall have exclusive control; and to do any other thing necessary to conduct district library service
Inquiries and Questions for the FCL Board
Thank you for expressing an interest in communicating with the Farmington Community Library Board of Trustees. We invite your comments and questions on this contact form. Comments and questions shared on this form will be received by the Board President and Secretary. The Board Secretary will respond and may also include sharing the correspondence during regular board meetings.
If you have a question regarding Library collections, programs or services, please contact library staff.