Calling all teens (grades 6-12) who are interested in serving on the Farmington Community Library Teen Advisory Board for the coming year!
We need teens who are willing to help plan programs for their peers, step up social media interaction, and make the teen areas of the two branches the best they can be. This is a great opportunity for volunteer hours as well as learning skills that will be useful in the future.
Oh, and we’re also pretty sure it will be fun…
Upcoming TAB Meetings
- Monday, September 19, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at FCL Farmington Hills
- Wednesday, October 19, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at FCL Farmington
- Monday, November 21, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at FCL Farmington Hills
- Wednesday, December 14, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at FCL Farmington *one week early
- Monday, January 9, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at FCL Farmington Hills *one week early
- Wednesday, February 15, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at FCL Farmington
- Monday, March 20, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at FCL Farmington Hills
- Wednesday, April 19, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at FCL Farmington
- Monday, May 15, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at FCL Farmington Hills
We will update meeting formats, locations, and other information as needed.
If you are interested in helping with content for our social media accounts, have recently read/watched/listened to a great book/movie/CD, or or have questions about how you can help, please let Miss Jennie or Miss Rebecca know!
Our TAB meetings are held every month during the school year, at alternate branches. Meetings at the Farmington Hills location will be on the third Monday of the month (with some exceptions), and meetings at the Downtown Farmington location will be on the third Wednesday of the month (with some exceptions).
Between September and May (9 months), with one program at each branch (x2), the Library usually hosts 18 programs for teens. Our TAB agreed to be responsible for planning and running at least two programs within every three months of the school year (6 total). They have actually been responsible for organizing the majority of the programming since 2016, including during Summer Reading.