We are the Farmington Friends of the Library! People like you who love to read and learn and then pass that love along to others.
From the welcoming face of the book-juggling mime balanced on the tightrope just inside the Farmington Hills location to the hearth side reading space by the fireplace in the Downtown Farmington location, you’ll see evidence of the Friends’ efforts in action throughout the Library.
Friends actively work to strengthen the Farmington Community Library by advocating and seeking funding to help the Library meet its goals of promoting literacy, providing an educational environment, fostering life-long learning and recreation for adults and children, and promoting access to information through the use of technology.
Funds raised through membership dues and Used Book & Media Sales help the Farmington Friends of the Library give the gift of reading to our community every day. The Friends also receive a small portion of every purchase you make through our Amazon Smile link.
Library staff use these funds to add books, CDs, DVDs, and Video Games to supplement the Library’s planned purchases.
In addition, the Friends approve funds to expand Library services such as:
- Special programs for children, teens, and adults which include Battle of the Books, Everyone’s Reading, Star Wars Reads, Summer Reading Programs, 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Program, and many more events!
- Author visits (David Maraniss author of Once in a Great City, teen author E. Lockhart author of We Were Liars and children’s Newberry Award winning author Lynne Rae Perkins author of Criss Cross
- Adult Services (books, ebooks, online resources, programs, Library publications)
- STEAM resources (Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Arts/Architecture, Music/Math) and Makerspace activity kits
- Materials and furnishings for our Family Place Library, which is a center for early childhood information, emergent literacy and family support
and there will be more, with your help!
We welcome your support — please Join or Renew your Membership by filling out this convenient, online form.
Contact the Friends
Please direct questions or comments about the Farmington Friends of the Library and our ongoing programs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to volunteer your time to an upcoming event?
We think the best way to get to know your Friends is by working together, side-by-side on some of the activities we sponsor throughout the year. If you have time to participate, please let us know.