Donations of items are currently being accepted at the Farmington Hills location only. Please bring your donations to the Circulation desk or come through curbside pickup until 6 p.m. Monday – Saturday and before 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Beginning September 6, the Farmington Friends of the Library are again accepting donations of items for their ongoing Friends Book & Media Sale.
While we can take many items, we can’t give every book a good home. Please refer to the following list for more information. Information regarding the Friends Sale can always be found here: farmlib.org/friends-book-sale.
List of Items that the Friends accept:
- Books in good condition (no mildew, age spots, smells, dust, debris, insects, loose pages)
- Newer adult general and genre fiction in good condition, hardcover and paperback
- Newer adult nonfiction in good condition
- Children’s fiction and nonfiction books of all ages
- Music CDs
- Vinyl LPs
- Manga/Graphic Novels of all ages
- Books in non-English languages
- Textbooks under 5 years old
- Medical and law books under 5 years old
- Puzzles (with all/most pieces)
- Board games (with all/most pieces)
- Gaming cartridges for all gaming systems
- Very new fiction and nonfiction of all ages in good condition.
We cannot accept old textbooks, older test prep (older than 10 years), magazines, VHS tapes, or books in bad condition/smelly/ripped/mildewed/dusty/yellowed/water-stained.
Books that don’t fit these criteria can be recycled if they are paperbacks, and pages of hardcover books can be recycled. Refer to this page for instructions, or call Farmington Hills offices at (248) 871-2400 or Farmington offices 248-474-5500 for more information on curbside recycling of books.
Again, thanks so much from the Farmington Friends of the Library.
Questions can be referred to firstname.lastname@example.org.