Library Images

Pictures of The Farmington Branch

  • Farmington Branch Exterior (Liberty Street Entrance)
  • Rear View of Branch (from State Street Parking Lot)
  • View from Corner of Liberty and State
  • Adult Information Desk
  • Fireplace
  • Non-Fiction Area
  • White Oak Bas-Relief Behind Circulation Desk
  • Youth Services Information Desk
  • Mural in Youth Room
  • Youth Room with View of Grotto
  • Youth Room before 1999 Renovation
  • Youth Room after 1999 Renovation
  • Mural and Tree with Owl
Thumbnail panels:
Now Loading

Click Here to Return to the Top

Click Here to Return to the Top

© Copyright 2010 The Farmington Community Library All Rights Reserved.


Bookmark and Share



Humoresque Statue

The Humoresque Sculpture Fountain was created in 1924 as a bronze water pixie by Harriet Whitney Frishmuth, who studied under Auguste Rodin (18401917). Originally part of the Fisher estate on Grosse Ile, Humoresque was purchased by Dr. Allen Ziegler, the founder of Botsford Hospital, and donated to the City of Farmington Hills as a memorial for his son. The City gave it to the Library when the Farmington Hills Branch (now the Main Library) was opened in 1972. Humoresque originally stood in front of the Library on the north lawn bordering West Twelve Mile Road, but was relocated to the new Main Library Entrance after the expansion was completed in late 2002