The Foundation Center is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to assist support and improve philanthropy by promoting public understanding of the field and helping grant seekers succeed. The Center collects, organizes, analyses and disseminates information on foundations, corporate giving and related subjects. At their web site, there are links to grantmaker web sites, information on the top U.S. funders, 990-PFs funding trend and analysis, an online library, Philanthropy News Digest and Foundation Finder —a search tool that provides basic facts on more than 48,000 US foundation.
The Farmington Community Library is a Foundation Center Cooperating Collection.
Cooperating Collections are free funding information centers in libraries, community foundations, and other nonprofit resource centers that provide a core collection of Foundation Center publications and a variety of supplementary materials and services in areas useful to grantseekers.
Available from within the Library only
Updated weekly, Foundation Directory Online Professional includes...
- Nearly 100,000 U.S. foundations, corporate donors, and grantmaking public charities
- Over 2.2 million recent grants
- More than 500,000 trustee, officer, and donor names—fully indexed
- Nearly 650,000 IRS 990s—fully keyword-searchable
Challenging times call for the best retriever of funding prospects: FDO Professional Now, more than ever, you need the best grantseeking tool on the market-to find new prospects, expand funding partnerships, and stay up-to-date on current donors.
Only FDO Professional gives you access to nine comprehensive databases-Grantmakers, Companies, Grants, 990s, RFPs, Philanthropy News, Foundation-Sponsored Publications, Nonprofit Literature, and Jobs.
Unique to FDO Professional:
- Power Search of nine Foundation Center databases. Use the guided search feature to refine your search instantly without leaving your results list.
- Map of Cross-Border Giving. See grants from U.S. grantmakers to non-U.S. recipients on interactive maps
- Interactive maps. View a foundation's grants by state, county, city, ZIP code, even congressional district (available only in FDO); international grants by country.
- Interactive charts. Find a foundation's grants by area of interest with three levels of detail; click-through to recipient lists and grant records.
- Search Companies database. Read profiles of sponsoring companies (another path to grants and in-kind donations).
- Search 990s database. Search across our entire universe of IRS 990s filin gs.
- Unique funder portfolios. Research foundation news and publications, RFPs, job postings, and key staff affiliations for leading grantmakers.
- Access to Update Central. Build customized reports by state on new grantmakers, high-growth grantmakers, and grantmakers with recent changes.
- E-mail alerts. Be notified about recent changes or new developments for the grantmakers you choose.
See the Foundation Center Digital Grant Guides available at the Main Library only.
Foundation Center's Youth in Philanthropy—Famous & Celebrity Philanthropists
This site frequently highlights information on celebrities and their philanthropic activities