- Support of $6,084 towards the purchase of five (5) AWE Early Literacy Stations for the Children’s departments. These stations are stand alone computers with educational programs designed for grades 2-10 years. These will replace some of the older computers in the Children’s departments.
- A request for $8,000 to cover the costs to print and distribute the May-August 2011 issue of the Info Exchange to about 40,000 households in Farmington and Farmington Hills. Our plan is to encourage individuals to use the digital version of the newsletter, but it will take time to convert all of our users. We appreciate the Friends support for this issue.
- Requests of $9,250 for Children’s Services:
- Picture Book replacements $2,000
- Early Reader Replacements $1,000
- Fiction Replacements $ 2,500
- Playaways $ 500
- DVDs $ 3,000
- Book Discussion Books $ 250