Friends Make a Difference Every Day!
See how the Friends are making a difference check out the events
listed below, all of which are sponsored by the Friends.
In addition to funding books, DVDs, and other multimedia resources, the Friends sponsor many Library events and programs all year.
Programs and Projects
Sponsored by the Friends
- 4th and 5th Grade Book Discussions
- Wild Wednesdays (YA)
- YA Volunteer Gift Certificates
- Children's Summer Reading Club Grand Prize
- Teen Summer Reading Club Grand Prize
- Summer Reading Club Final Party—"Miniature Motorways and Karaoke"
- Hallowe'en Party Supplies
- Teen Read Week
- National Children's Book Week
- Book Parade—Support of the Farmington Public Schools Program
- Teen Battle of the Books
- Performer leading Dora the Explorer Series
- Women's History Alive
- Singer Joy Simpson
- Dr. Seuss Birthday Party
- Spring Dinner Theater
- National Library Week—Family Concert featuring Chautauqua Express and Author Visit by Jane Papaopoulos
- Battle of the Books—Final Battle
- SRC—Thursdays Are Thrilling
- SRC—Teen Wild Wednesdays
- Children's and Teen Paperback Books for SRC Prizes
- Volunteer Luncheon