Friends Make A Difference
Funds raised through membership dues and used book sales help the Farmington Friends of the Library give the gift of reading to our community every day.
Library staff use these funds to add books, CDs, DVDs, Playaways and Video Games to supplement the Library's planned purchases.
The Friends also sponsor children's reading programs, support student programs, and host special programs and events for all ages throughout the year.
Check the current Info Exchange on our Web site, or the Friends' Projects page for a complete listing of sponsored events.
Thus far in the fiscal year, the Friends have approved more than $60,000 to fund:
- Special Programs for Children and Teens: Battle of the Books,
Summer Reading Club, Senior Story Tellers Program, Author Visit,
Dr. Seuss' Birthday Party and National Book Week Theatrical Productions . . . along with many other programs
- Funding support for the Book, DVD and Books on CD Collections for both Adult and Children at both Library buildings
- And additional miscellaneous Library gifts.
and there will be more, with your help!
We welcome your support—please Join or Renew your Membership by filling out this convenient, online form.
The Farmington Friends of the Library is a qualified organization under IRS 501(c)3 . It is governed by a Board of Directors:
- Mary Beth Perrot, President
- Bonnie King, Vice-President
- Joel Sloan, Treasurer
- Diane Sands, Secretary
- Robert Brewer, John Carlson, Barbara Eschner, Judy Galens, Norma Loch, Lucy Schoener, and Dorothy Stoutjesdyk, Directors
- Tina M. Theeke, Library Director