The building was constructed in 1876 in a cooperative venture by the Township of Farmington and the Farmington Masonic Lodge 151. The Township government occupied the first floor of the building until 1965, when a new Township facility was constructed. The Masonic Lodge has continued to occupy the building since its opening. The structure was a fine example of French Renaissance architecture refracted through a Victorian lens until its renovation in the 1960s.
© 2011 Farmington Community Library